Mancini is looking for a senior interior designer that lives for the adventure in whatever comes their way and can roll up their sleeves and Get. It. Done.
The Long & Short of this Career Opportunity
Are you a seasoned design veteran looking for your big career move? Are you more afraid of ending up with projects that are all the same than unafraid of big challenges? Then Mancini is the place for your big move! We are looking for a senior interior designer who enjoys challenging clients to rethink the experience of their spaces to enhance business outcomes. We’re looking for someone with a knack for communicating a visual and verbal design story, even when it’s still a faint idea yet to be articulated. We’re looking for someone who is invigorated by mentoring up-and-coming talent. And. It’s. YOU!
The Senior Interior Designer Role in a Nutshell
This pivotal role means you’ll lead a project from conception to delivery while helping the entire project team operate at its best. You’ll make sure the team is looking at every angle. That each line on the paper has received the proper attention it requires. That every part of the end result—from lightbulb to floor finish—supports that big, central idea in its best format as a design goal. It’ll be you—yes, YOU!—who will see that the best design solution is delivered to help our clients overcome their toughest challenges. And it will be you who will have the opportunity to keep the design energy going across a multitude of project types, budgets, and schedules.
The Kinds of Projects a Senior Interior Designer Works On
- OppenheimerFunds’ In-Place Headquarters Renovation—Mancini designed an agile workplace for this cutting-edge group within a global organization
- Lifestyle Coworking Space for the Assemblage—we partnered with this emerging brand to design their coworking spaces throughout New York City
- Peloton’s First Headquarters—Mancini moved Peloton from its “garage” to its first-ever headquarters when they were booming like crazy
- The New Flagship Lounge for American Airlines—where Mancini developed a new lounge concept for the airline, voted best lounge in the world!
The Spec’s if you Have Them
So let’s get down to it. This career opportunity for a senior interior designer comes with some expectations, and this is us putting it all out there.
What You’ll Do
- Push the boundaries of design, be it your own or others on the team, through review of projects and strategic thinking that leads to unique solutions to tough challenges
- Work directly with clients, from initial visioning and understanding to design presentations, to take on their business problems as if they were your own and provide solutions through design of the built environment
- Lead the entire project team, from designers to technical designers and from engineers to consultants, through the design process and regular intervals of coordination to achieve the best design solution possible
- Produce, and guide others in the production of, design concepts, visualizations, drawings, details, specifications, and ultimately a complete interiors contract document set using REVIT and CAD
- Create a full furniture/finish specifications and bidding requirements set for vendor RFPs, as well as facilitate the bid process related to those items
Technology You’ll Use
- Architectural modeling and drafting software including REVIT, CAD, and Rhino
- Project coordination software like Newforma, Revit360, PlanGrid, or Navisworks
- Adobe Creative suite, primarily Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Brownie points to those who have any experience with Bluebeam Studio, Enscape, Lumion, Unity, Grasshopper/Dynamo or other Rhino/Revit plugins, as well as any coding or software development experience
Education, Career Background, and Professional Development
- About 8 years to 10 years of experience with other design firms
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or Architecture from an accredited university
- Current NCIDQ certification
- Brownie points for those with IIDA, ASID, or other professional affiliations and memberships; or for LEED Accreditation
Ready to Swipe Right?!
Reach out and tell us you’re interested—apply, email, give us a shout. Don’t worry about bringing your best suit, just bring your best work and let’s get to know each other. If you are nervous or not sure you have all the qualifications, contact us anyway. We have no filters, and we won’t filter you either, by keyword or otherwise. Give our Talent Team a chance to see if you’re the one!
Send your resume and portfolio, with a covering email, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we can receive emails with up to 20MB in attachments so if your portfolio is too big, send us a link to download it instead.