Mancini has an outstanding career opportunity for a junior interior designer that is willing to jump in, roll up your sleeves, and help us move the needle forward while we help you cultivate your skills and push yourself forward.
The Long & Short of this Career Opportunity
We know that there’s a new breed of designers out there. They know that there’s more to interior design than “finishes and feels.” That, behind every successful interiors project, there’s a harmonized team of designers, architects, mangers, engineers, and consultants. That, to make an impact, a designer has to immerse themselves in the nitty-gritty, find the glamour in the mundane, and, most importantly, find balance between the practicality and the experience. We also know these designers, don’t come off an assembly line. It takes first-hand experience, mentorship and a supportive team, and rapport just as much as it takes drive, initiative, and brain power to get there.
The Junior Interior Designer Role in a Nutshell
As a junior interior designer you’ll act as the right-hand support to your team’s intermediate and senior designers, design directors, project managers, and project architects. Your mission—should you choose to accept it—will vary by project phases, from helping a client form their vision, to translating an idea into a design clients can see, to creating drawings a contractor can build, and finally in the end, to ensuring the execution matches the original vision.
The Kinds of Projects a Junior Interior Designer Works On
- Lifestyle Coworking Space for the Assemblage—we partnered with this emerging brand to design their coworking spaces throughout New York City
- Galeria Melissa Flagship Store in SoHo—where Mancini helped bring a new retail concept to life for this Brazilian shoemaker
- Peloton’s First Headquarters—Mancini moved Peloton from its “garage” to its first-ever headquarters when they were booming like crazy
- The New Flagship Lounge for American Airlines—where Mancini developed a new lounge concept for the airline, voted best lounge in the world!
The Spec’s if you Have Them
So let’s get down to it. This career opportunity for a junior interior designer comes with some expectations, and this is us putting it all out there.
What You’ll Do
- Work with team members alongside clients to develop programming documents and interpret client-provided program information into test-fits, analysis of space needs, and design solutions
- Support development of space planning and test-fitting efforts by leveraging knowledge of egress, efficiency planning, and furniture layouts
- Compile design presentations and visual materials for client meetings, as well as present design ideas to the team and to clients as required
- Produce finish plans, coded furniture plans, material schedules, and elevations for interiors contract document sets with support from project architects and other team leaders
- Develop, with support and independently, furniture, lighting, and finish specifications
Technology You’ll Use
- Architectural modeling and drafting software including REVIT, CAD, and Rhino
- Project coordination software like Newforma, Revit360, PlanGrid, or Navisworks
- Adobe Creative suite, primarily Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Brownie points to those who have any experience with Bluebeam Studio, Enscape, Lumion, Unity, Grasshopper/Dynamo or other Rhino/Revit plugins, as well as any coding or software development experience
Education, Career Background, and Professional Development
- About 1 year to 3 years of experience with other design firms
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or Architecture from an accredited university
- Actively in pursuit of NCIDQ IDP hour and certification, or willing to pursue upon acceptance
- Brownie points for those with IIDA, ASID, or other professional affiliations and memberships; or for LEED Accreditation
Ready to Swipe Right?!
Reach out and tell us you’re interested—apply, email, give us a shout. Don’t worry about bringing your best suit, just bring your best work and let’s get to know each other. If you are nervous or not sure you have all the qualifications, contact us anyway. We have no filters, and we won’t filter you either, by keyword or otherwise. Give our Talent Team a chance to see if you’re the one!
Send your resume and portfolio, with a covering email, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we can receive emails with up to 20MB in attachments so if you’re portfolio is too big, send us a link to download it instead.