In a nutshell
Our industry is evolving faster than ever, and so is our marketing team. While our work still results in typical deliverables like qualifications, proposals, and presentations, we’re looking for team members that are anything but ordinary that can help us shift design discussions. Our team is filled with individuals who are not only interested in marketing, but are also interested in thoughtful, contemporary design.
Why is this role important to Mancini?
Marketing Coordinators look beyond the monolog format of the pursuit process to help create meaningful dialogs with our clients. They partner directly with principals and business development leaders to create thoughtful marketing materials that resonate far beyond initial conversations. They are integral to the business generation process and help bring in new projects on which our design team thrives. These individuals help tell Mancini’s story to the world in a way that is both passionate and enticing.
A unique combination of skills
These people typically have a strong sense of graphics, an interest in developing content that is both powerful and resonant, and are able to work among a multi-office team. Days are fast-paced and ever-changing—anything but mundane—so someone who loves shifting on a dime, with strong organization and time management skills, would most thrive in our environment. Marketing Coordinators are natural leaders among our peers and bring a strong opinion of how to position the firm for success that is rooted in their diverse experience.
A day in the life
The teams we support count on us to bring new thinking to the pursuit process. Marketing Coordinators bring creativity and strategy to more typical tasks like:
- Leading the pursuit process by developing pursuit strategies, establishing pursuit schedules, and creating qualifications, proposals, and presentations using Adobe InDesign
- Designing content for internal communications, presentations to clients, or public-facing campaigns
- Writing copy for proposals and awards submissions, as well as working with design team and graphic designer to create new marketing materials
- Conceiving and executing marketing campaigns, including newsletters using Mailchimp and social media posts using Hootsuite
- Working with the Director of Marketing to maintain our Deltek Vantagepoint customer relationship management system
- Coordinating and leading project photography shoots with our clients and consultant photographers
Relevant experience and mindset
We’ve found our most successful marketing team members have diverse backgrounds—some have studied architecture, some worked in musical theater, and others have experience in communications or public relations. We celebrate this diversity and work as a team to augment each other. We typically value people who are:
- Deadline Driven—they understand our work is short-lived and can balance multiple deadlines at a time with ease. They tackle the tasks at hand with ingenuity and little fear.
- Highly Collaborative—they know what they know and, more importantly, know what they don’t know. They seek help from our team and from the outside world to deliver their best work, every time.
- Big-Picture Thinkers—they see beyond the initial request and put it into the larger pursuit context, and sometimes even into the context of the firm or industry as a whole.
- Technology-Adept—not only do we do everything in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), but we constantly look to new technologies and how they can be leveraged to do our work better.
- 5-7 years experience in marketing at an Architecture firm or related
- Expert in Adobe InDesign, preference for those who know their way around the CC suite
- Experience working in a CRM, preference for Deltek Vision or VantagePoint
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus
- Knowledge of MS suite, specifically Word and Excel
- Bachelors degree in marketing (or related) or Architecture with 5-7 years of experience in a marketing role
Think we’d get along?
Reach out and tell us you’re interested–apply, email, give us a shout. Don’t worry about bringing your best suit, just bring your best work and let’s get to know you. If you are nervous or not sure you have all the qualifications, contact us anyway. We have no filters, and we won’t filter you either, by keyword or otherwise. Give our Talent Team a chance to see if you’re the one!
Email us at email@example.com with the subject line, “Marketing Coordinator” with your resume. We can receive attachments up to 10MB so if you need more than that to tell us your story, send a link to download these documents instead.
Mancini only accepts agency-submitted resumes from agencies with which we have a formal contract or agreement, and only after such an agreement is active and in good standing. Mancini is not responsible for fees associated with unsolicited recruiter submissions.