Jr. Architectural & Technical DesignerOPEN
In a hundred words or less
It takes practice and experience to grow your career as an architectural and technical designer. And that practice and experience cannot be gained without ample opportunity, strong mentorship, and support from your teammates. Junior designers have one of the most agile and exciting roles at Mancini. Working on an array of project and client types, they are able to hone in on their technical and communication skills while discovering what their passions are. With each project, they are exposed to new roles while leveraging their established skills, assuming greater and greater leadership responsibilities.
In short, Mancini is looking for junior designers that are willing to jump in, role their sleeves up and help us move the needle forward while we help them cultivate their skills and push themselves forward.
Does this sound like you?
Junior Architectural & Technical Designers at Mancini are a part of a dynamic and evolving team. They may work alongside other juniors and intermediate architects on a larger project, or work individually, under the guidance of the Senior Project Architect and Project Manager. They support the full project process from Kick-Off and conception to documentation and construction administration, seeing their hard work come to fruition as a built reality. Their day-to-day responsibilities vary as the project phases progress. In all phases, proficient use of REVIT, AutoCAD, 3D modeling software such as Rhino, and rendering software is integral to this role. All designers must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture. Additionally, all Junior Designers at Mancini are encouraged and supported to pursue NCARB Certification and licensure through the ARE’s.
A day in the life
A Junior Architectural & Technical Designer’s responsibilities vary throughout the day and on each project. The role combines both design and technical responsibilities, as we believe its critical for every career path to receive an integrated foundation in both sides of the practice. These responsibilities vary by phase of the project as well, but generally include things like:
- Prepare contract documents, guided by senior Mancini voices and the firms established standards
- Produce digital models of existing and proposed design solutions
- Participate in design brainstorming and conceptualization of ideas, producing 3D visuals and diagrams to communicate ideas both internally and ultimately to the client
- Work closely with intermediate and senior staff alike, to review work for quality
- Conduct research and consult with specialists
- Coordinate with consultants during both design and documentation phases
- Complete field observations and 3D scan surveys, comparing what’s in the field with what’s in our base documents and models
- Further Mancini business goals and objectives, while furthering their own understanding of the industry
- Participate in industry events, representing the firm
Think we’d get along?
Reach out and tell us you’re interested – apply, email, give us a shout. Don’t worry about bringing your best suit, just bring your best work and let’s get to know you. If you are nervous or not sure you have all the qualifications, contact us anyway. We have no filters, and we won’t filter you either, by keyword or otherwise. Give our Talent Team a chance to see if you’re the one!
One more thing: Please make sure any attachments are under 10MB or provided via a link to download.
To all recruiters: We only accept agency submitted resumes from agencies we have a formal contract or agreement with and only after that agreement is active. Mancini is not responsible for fees associated with unsolicited recruiter submissions.