Project Architect, Intermediate to Senior – HealthcareNew York, NY
In 100 words or less…
Perhaps you’ve put in seven to ten years developing a track record in the healthcare market sector and are looking to apply that knowledge to new experiences. Or maybe you’ve been around the block and are ready to craft that experience into a specialty, while keeping yourself sharp with a wide range of practice roles and types. We understand the potential that the crossroads of your experience and your future can hold. At Mancini, we too are expanding our design practices, developing new kinds of processes, and inventing new ways to wow clients. With offices in New York City, Red Bank, NJ and Millburn NJ, our employees have the option to flex between multiple locations and allows us to tackle projects in a range of locations. Types of projects include high-tech imaging and interventional radiology suites, surgical suites, outpatient clinics, private doctor’s offices and inpatient care units.
Does this sound like you?
In short, Mancini is looking for a design-oriented, and technically robust Healthcare Project Architect who is driven by every phase of a project, is well-versed in a wide variety of project types, and possessing a certain kind of temperament that provides calm oversight of a project team. We want to know if you’re one of this rare breed of architectural rock star.
The goods, if you got them
As a Healthcare Project Architect at Mancini, you are a part of a dynamic and evolving team. Putting your experience into action, you will work with the project design lead(s), senior technical designer or Technical Director, Project Manager and supporting junior staff to conceptualize and execute healthcare project designs, participating in all phases of the project but taking on the lead in design development, construction documentation and construction administration phases. Acting as a keystone to the full project and consultant teams’ coordination, you are responsible for ensuring that the design intent and project as a whole are realized in a feasible, high-quality constructible end-result.
A day in the life
So let’s get down to it. This job comes with some expectations, and this is us putting it all out there.
- Organize, complete and track multiple projects simultaneously by working with the healthcare practice leader
- Produce visualizations, drawings, details and specifications that a contractor can accurately price and build from, at a standard beyond the minimum
- Prepare a full working construction set for base building and interiors industrial projects, and lead junior support staff assisting in the production of such
- Coordinate architectural design with consultant building systems and equipment
- Design and produce details for architectural building assemblies and complex designed systems
- Put together specifications outlines and guide the production of a specification book
- Create and manage the bid & permitting process, providing input on contractor bids and quotes, answering RFIs and preparing Addenda
- Produce 3D Visualizations in addition to technical drawings to help communicate designs
- Manage the project budget through research and a working knowledge of current material and labor costs
What you bring
Okay, let’s talk about what you bring to the table because chances are you have so much to offer. Missing something on this list but think you can still be of value? Reach out anyway!
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture, or more
- Around 7-10 years of experience in the healthcare industry, some of which in a project manager role would be beneficial
- A professional license as a Registered Architect is preferred but not required
- In-depth knowledge and experience with healthcare design, new construction, major building renovation, filing, and interior design
- Abilities with CAD, REVIT, Adobe Creative Cloud or similar (e.g., InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), and Microsoft Word & Excel
- Understanding of Building Codes, DOH Requirements and strategies, ADA guidelines,
Think we’d get along?
Reach out and tell us you’re interested – apply, email, give us a shout. Don’t worry about bringing your best suit, just bring your best work and let’s get to know you. If you are nervous or not sure you have all the qualifications, contact us anyway. We have no filters, and we won’t filter you either, by keyword or otherwise. Give our Talent Team a chance to see if you’re the one!
One more thing: Please make sure any attachments are under 10MB or provided via a link to download.
To all recruiters: We only accept agency submitted resumes from agencies we have a formal contract or agreement with and only after that agreement is active. Mancini is not responsible for fees associated with unsolicited recruiter submissions.